SM Capital, Inc. delivers seasoned executive advice and capital sourcing to emerging growth companies. Although we occasionally invest in emerging growth companies exclusively for investment purposes, practically all of our engagements involve investment coupled with hands-on implementation and operational execution.
Our strategy capabilities span all critical business functions, including corporate strategy, competitive positioning, marketing, product development, sales, technology and operations.
- Analysis and evaluation of companies, new businesses and joint venture targets and their suitability for acquisition and/or investment
- Assessment and execution of business development strategies.
- Isolate initiatives relatively easy to implement but with large potential returns (the "low hanging fruit")
- Organization of projects, information needs and reporting mechanisms
- Create necessary policies and procedures
- Help recruit, hire and train personnel
- Set and maintain a course to realize your exit strategy
- Creation and recruitment of advisory boards
SM has many years' experience delivering what has come to be known as "CEO Coaching," a confidential, one-on-one resource for high level managers who need an objective sounding board.
- Immediate, on call advice for the ambitious, high level executive, from someone with no personal or hidden agendas
- Supplement to, not a replacement for, the existing relationships between the Executive and other managers
- Opportunity to set obtainable goals within a realistic time frame, followed by regular one-on-one sessions (in person or by telephone) through which the executive and coach can measure progress, role play and strategize around obstacles
We assist in aggressive management of crisis situations
- Contain costs and conserve cash
- Identify underutilized resources and capacities
- Determine core competencies and, if warranted, downsize
- Identify strategic partners
- Restructure debt and renegotiate payment terms
- Find alternative sources of financing